Monday, August 31, 2009

First Official Day of School

Dyson had his first official day of Kindergarten today. It's been kind of retarted this last week because school actually started last Monday but they do testing for the kindergarteners during the first week. So he went last Monday and then had to wait a whole week before he actually got to go again.
He gets to ride the school bus with his friends and here they are Elijah is on the left and Rustin is on the right (I think, haha) He was so excited to be a big kid and ride to school. I asked him if I could follow the bus and make sure he got to class ok and he told me NO! He said he let me go to school with him last time and that was enough. This kid is growing up so fast!

This morning we got up, had breakfast, had a bath, got dressed, brushed teeth, got back pack and headed for the bus stop. I walked him to the corner where the bus picks them up with Ridge and Rori along for the ride. When the bus came he got on the bus before I could even give him a hug! He climbed on and took a seat by a window and turned and with a big smile waved at me. I am so proud of him and independence. He amazes me everyday. I hope he has a GREAT day at his "first" day of school.
I'm pretty proud of myself too, I didn't even cry. I have had butterflies in my stomach for him all morning but I haven't cried. I think Dyson has been cutting the apron strings for a while now that it didn't hurt too bad to see him venutre off. He is always wanting to go and do and try new things without me so it didn't come as a huge shock that he wanted to do this by himself.
Good luck Dyson and I love you!


3 comments:

Shauna said...

He looks so cute! What a big kid!

sara michelle said...

i can't believe he is starting school!! how fun though :)
--sara ence

Heather Colletti said...

I'm so proud of you! I got emotional when I read your post so I have NO IDEA how you made it through without crying. That kid is growing so fast I hardly recognize him. He's going to do so great in school. Tell him how proud Mike and I are of him. Love you guys!