
This is Jason's cousin Michelle Langston Bancroft. She is an amazing woman. She passes away this morning after a very long and courageous fight with cancer. It seems like that ugly disease inflicts it's worst on the people least deserving of such a trial. Michelle was one of the most Christlike people I knew, and anybody who knew her would agree. She was always willing to go out of her way to help people and share what she had with others. She welcomed me into her family with an open heart and wonderful friendship.
When Jason and I got married it was overwhelming meeting all of his family and trying to remember everyone, and also trying to fit in but I remember always feeling comfortable around Michelle and her husband Justin. From the very beginning they treated me like family and through the last 6+ years we have become more than just family. We have become great friends.
Michelle's absence from this world will be deeply felt by anyone who had contact with her, and especially by her family. My heart goes out to her fabulous husband Justin, who stood by her every step and loved her, it was always obvious how much he cared about and loved her, and to her 3 beautiful children who had one of the best mothers ever.
Michelle, I love you. We only knew each other for a few years but it felt like more to me. Thank you for being there for me and being a good friend. Thank you for all the fun times we had at dinner, boating, playing the Wii, and just talking for so long that the kids were up way past their bed times! I feel you loss so deeply. The world just isn't right without you in it. You are already missed. I am so happy for you to be free from your pain here on earth, and I know you are having so much joy being with your sweet children who were waiting for you. We will do our best to take care of your family here on earth until you are united again.
You have left a place in our hearts that will never be filled, but you have left such and example of love and faith.
We love you and your family.
6 comments:
She sounds like an amazing lady! What a blessing to know the plan of salvation. I hope you feel our Heavenly Father's love around you!
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. It is awful to lose someone so close to you.
I'm so sorry! She sounds like a beautiful person, inside and out. She seems to young for that kind of thing, but it helps to know that it is all part o the plan. My heart goes out to you and her little family.
Amanda, you are a beautiful person. This is going to be a hard week and your post will make it easier. I have always maintained that we have the neatest family around. The ones who weren't born to it, we snatch up through marriage. Thanks for joining us!
I am so sorry for you! I am so glad you had the opporitunity to know someone so wonderful. I am certain she felt the same way about you. I hope the best for her young family. It is awful to think about a family losing a mother.
I'm sorry she's gone. I know how much you were hoping to see her before she had to leave.
Post a Comment